A Blank Canvas

Saturday, January 2, 2010

Pray for Jackie........and some good news!


I have a lot of updating to do and I will write soon with more about the wedding and my parent´s time in Venezuela. Everything went so wonderfully and it was so amazing to have them here and get to know Venezuela…and especially David. :)
For now, I´m going to post this picture, which is of the missionaries who are working with the Yukpas. (left to right- Beatriz, David, Sarah, Braulio, Jackie, Aleko, and Emily in front). As you hopefully already know, They were in an accident, their jeep flipped, and everyone is ok except for Jackie. She is in the hospital. We are praying that her hemoglobin will rise so that they can begin operating on her right arm, which is seriously wounded. When the jeep flipped, her arm was under it. Please pray for a quick miraculous recovery for her arm, because the plan is for all of the Yukpa Mission Team to go to CILTA in Peru this February to study Bible translation to better equip us to work towards translating the Bible into the Yukpa language. The arm that is injured is Jackie´s right arm, which is the one she writes with. Jackie is the leader of Bible translation in our team and she needs this arm. Pray for a quick recovery so that they will be able to go to Peru next month.

Braulio and Jackie (parents of children Emily and Aleko) and Beatriz have become like family to us and we are so thankful to God for allowing us to have them as mentors and friends. They have been missionaries with the Yukpas for 12 years and their passion in their work is an inspiration and encouragement for David and I.
Please also pray for strength, peace, and faith for Jackie´s family and Beatriz. And that God will be glorified through this situation.

And some good news….Braulio and David have been accepted to CILTA as well! They won´t be studying the same thing as Jaqueline, Beatriz, and I, but instead a different area of linguistcs, like social linguistics and phonetics. I think this is actually better because we will be stronger as a team with different people working on different specialties!! We know that through Him all things are possible. Thank you for your prayers!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment