A Blank Canvas

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

24

I didn’t plan too much for my birthday this year since it was the day before we came back to Venezuela, and we had lots of last minute errands and packing to do. And birthdays are bittersweet because I miss my family and friends most on those days. But despite a busy schedule and homesickness, I am very thankful to David and friends in Peru who surprised me with a delicious cake (chocolate cake with mocha icing….see 
pictures below) and other gifts!
Disclaimer: No, David and I are not growing white beards. I got my face shoved into the cake after blowing out the candle (common tradition in South America), and then I shared some icing with David. 

After spending time with friends, we went to Papa John’s, (my favorite in Peru!). On the way, we saw a large hamster in the street (interesting Peruvian way to promote a political candidate), and to top the night off, David got me another chocolate cake! I thank God for those I celebrated with in Peru and for family and friends around the world who sent birthday love via the internet. And I am looking forward to all that my 24th year has in store!

No comments:

Post a Comment