A Blank Canvas

Sunday, November 27, 2011

Thanksgiving Recap 2011

Our Thanksgiving was really great. I have been looking forward to it (and telling David all about Thanksgiving traditions) for months.

So, we woke up, and watched the Macy's Parade, coffee/hot chocolate in hand.

We ate a delicious lunch. Mom made all the classics. And Dad grilled the turkey. David and I made the sweet potato souffle and green bean casserole. Classic.



Some families play football/partake in physical actvity on Thanksgiving afternoon. My family takes a nap. It's what happens after eating so much good food. I don't think I have been that full in years. Seriously.

Then we had a dinner with extended family. So good to see (and for David- to meet) lots of family.
And most importantly, we shared the tradition to give thanks. Even though it's a habit I'm trying to establish year-round, I do love having one day that focuses on just that.



Pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.
1 Thessalonians 5:17-18





No comments:

Post a Comment