But with the help of some commentary and a little thinking on my part, it doesn't take long to see that I am a lot more like Eve than I thought.
There was one particular passage in the commentary that was like a punch in the stomach this past week.
Quoting from the Bible commentary,
"Eve was approached by Satan in the Garden of Eden, where she and Adam lived. He questioned her contentment. How could she be happy when she was not allowed to eat from one of the fruit trees? Satan helped Eve shift her focus from all that God had done and given to the one thing He had withheld. And Eve was willing to accept Satan's viewpoint without checking with God."
The Bible says time and time again to not be anxious, but to be thankful; be thankful for all that God has given us. And to not worry about tomorrow, because it will worry about itself. A dear friend reminded me just that today- to live in the here and now.
So I went for a walk to enjoy the here and the now of the signs of the beginning of spring. Sunlight shining through the branches. Green. and splashes of yellow daffodils. And so I'll try to focus on all I've been given, and the beauty of today.
Thank you, Sarah. You know, you're just right.. it's so much easier to remind God of all the things we'd like to have.. instead of seeing what he has already done for us and just being thankful for all these things.. hugs from Germany =)
ReplyDelete