I´m not going to lie, today was a rough day. ¨Stress¨ had been a theme of this week, stress of getting everything ready for Peru, making our budget (yuck), also finishing everything up for David´s visa to come to the US, etc have kept us busy. And lately, culture shock and homesickness have hit me hard. I know that culture shock is a process, which can take a long time, but unfortunately, I still haven´t learned to be patient, even though God has given me many opportunities and situations to help sharpen my patience. And then came the worries about the future and my mind started off in a bazillion questions and doubts. And I concentrated on Ephesians 6 and the ¨shield of faith, which extinguishes all the arrows of the evil one¨. And I remembered that faith isn´t about how I feel, but believing that God is who He says He is. And trusting that He will provide.
And then, after arriving home, and checking our email, we got a few emails that brought me so much encouragement. One email from CILTA about a possible scholarship for David, another email from a church in North Carolina who has been praying for us and wants to support us, and another email from a girl who goes to another church in NC which I visited and shared with while I was home in October. It was a short and simple email, but somehow God used that email to speak to me and remind me of His love.
I am new at this missionary thing. But I am thankful to God for reminding me today that He is still faithful and He is still with me.
No comments:
Post a Comment