A Blank Canvas

Thursday, September 29, 2011

Let’s get (a) physical, physical


One requirement for David’s visa is having a physical done by a specific doctor. I, being the silly person that I am, thought it would be a quick process- we would go to the doctor’s office, he would complete everything there, and a few hours later we would be back at our apartment. Silly me for thinking than anything associated with the visa would be quick, easy, or simple! HA! After seeing the doctor, we had to go to one clinic to get his blood drawn, then somewhere else for x-rays, then to have some copies made, then back the doctor’s office, to said clinics to pick up the results, and back to the doctor’s office. At one point I almost had a migraine.


But thank God for a sweet blessing in the middle of all that….. we found a Subway that was surprisingly similar to Subways in the US (I guess I had never really noticed that before). This Subway had Italian BMT subs (one of my favs) that were surprisingly similar to the ones in the US. For part of the day, I stayed at Subway because my knee was starting to hurt (my Mom says I sound like an old man talking about my bad knee and heartburn, oh well). But it was like a breath of fresh air for me. In the middle of a hot, hectic day, I had the chance to sit in a nice Subway with nice AC, listen to music in English, and write in my journal/ sketch/chill. I never thought I’d be doing that in a Subway in the middle of VZ. haha!
I thank God that He is still good and faithful, even when I am so unfaithful and ornery.

And, the good news is that we got it all done! That’s one major thing marked off the to-do list! Next (and last) step we have to complete before traveling...the interview!


2 comments:

  1. Yea! So glad it's going well (even if it did take much longer)! Praying for the interview!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay for marking things off checklists! :)

    ReplyDelete