A Blank Canvas

Friday, September 30, 2011

Foodie Friday: PUMPKIN!

There are self-professed pumpkin-lovers all over blogworld and facebook. And there are sooo many delicious pumpkin recipes on Pinterest that I don't even know where to begin!!

So, today's Foodie Friday had to be the pumpkin.

Did you know???
Pumpkin is a source of: vitamin A, vitamin-C, vitamin-E, beta-carotenes, potassium, and dietary fiber. 


Fun fact: Pumpkin helps prevent hardening of the arteries, which can lead to strokes and/or heart attack. (So maybe that cancels out the butter in our pumpkin desserts?!?)

Pumpkin Seeds are a source of: protein, minerals, lots of vitamins, dietary fiber, and and mono-unsaturated fatty acids which are good for heart health. 

Health facts found here. And here.


Ok, so I knew I was a lover of all things pumpkin, but I never really thought of pumpkin as healthy!


Here are the......


 Go get some pumpkin puree and try one for yourself!


(As always, at the bottom of the post, you can link up your own pumpkin recipes!)


1. Pumpkin Breakfasts

thecreativepaige.com

1 comment:

  1. wow!! awesome links! thanks for sharing!
    hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete