


Last Saturday was Emily´s 5th birthday and David and I were invited :) (For those who don´t know, Emily is the daughter of the missionary family in the Sierra. Emily and her brother, Aleko, are Yukpa and were adopted by the missionaries.) Emily reminds me a lot of my cousin Tatum- adorable...and very smart!! It was just as much a party for the adults as the kids, with lots of food and loud music (which is always the norm in Maracaibo, no matter the day). I met Jaqueline´s Dad, who reminded me of my dad because he is always joking about something. When he found out I was from the US, he started speaking in his version of English, which sounded something like chiiii shhhhaaaa shhiiiii chhhh. This reminded me of when Dad hears someone speaking another language when we are in public and he starts to quote unquote speak that language. Now I know how they feel! hahahaha
They also had a piñata (which I never before realized how dangerous this can be- lots of small children and someone swinging with a stick), but luckily there were no injuries, just lots of children with lots of sugar.

No comments:
Post a Comment