Well, yesterday was Thanksgiving, and even though it was hard to believe since it way up in the 90s here, I did miss my family a lot. It was much harder than I anticipated, but I know that it is God´s will that I am here now, and this is a sacrifice I have to make, even though a very difficult one. I was reminded of how thankful I am for each of them!Kathleen and I decided to make a Thanksgiving feast. (For those who don´t know, I have known Kathleen ever since we took dance classes together when we were 5 and after being college roomates all four years, we became like sisters. She is also a missionary in Venezuela and working with missions in a church here). Between the two of us, and help from David (I am very thankful that he can cook!!!), we made mac and cheese, mashed potatoes, green beans, slaw, fried chicken, sweet tea, and arepas (had to have a little something Venezuelan). Not the traditional Thanksgiving food, but I still enjoyed eating some American food and spending time with Kathleen!!! Here are some pictures from our dinner, of David and I and Kathleen and her husband, Hebert.

Kathleen also make a chocolate mocha cake, which was amazing. I love chocolate cake, and they don´t eat as many sweets here as in the US, so it was a nice treat! It was good for my soul!!
No comments:
Post a Comment