A Blank Canvas

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Peru is only one week away!!!

I absolutely cannot believe that we are leaving for Peru in a week, Thursday the 11th!!! We leave from Caracas (capitol) at 7am on Thursday so we will be traveling from Maracaibo to Caracas on Wednesday. Praise the Lord for His faithfulness and provision and helping us find a really good deal on the tickets online!
Yesterday David and I printed out our “Student Guides” and it was fun to read up on everything. I am getting excited for sure. As I was reading about everything, it reminded me of when I studied in Mexico over the summer after my freshman year of college. That seems like sooo long ago. I know Peru will be very interesting because it will be a total change for David and me- new city, new school, new climate, new culture, new food, new home, new schedule, etc etc etc

It will be a huge change and there will most likely be some culture shock for us both, but we are so thankful for this oppurtunity- to study linguistics and Bible translation. This has been a dream of ours for many years!

Lima is on the coast and it is now summer there and supposedly nice beach weather so I hope to check that out ASAP. Lima is humid, but much cooler than Maracaibo where I am now, so I am excited to be able to wear jackets and not sweat profusely everywhere I go. It will also be exciting to explore the city and experience Peru culture. (I also did some research on the food in Peru which looks very good and is very diverse, and I must be honest, I´m excited about that as well hehehe)
Please pray for us as we make this big change and that God will give us wisdom and strength as we get used to the life of full-time students again, and that He will help us to manage our priorities and time as we learn how to be married and students at the same time. Oh yeah, and that God will help my brain to absorb the classes in Spanish all day! Being in a class environment and listening to the same person speaking non-stop is difficult. But I know that God has used these past few months in Venezuela to help my Spanish improve a lot. Now I´ll just have to get used to the accent in Lima!

No comments:

Post a Comment