A Blank Canvas

Friday, July 16, 2010

The First Semester has Officially ended...

Yes, the title is correct. We just finished our final class, officially ending our first semester of CILTA. Now I am kind of in shock because I actually have some free time. Well, of course I still have a list full of things I need to do before I leave for the US in approximately one week. But there isn´t any immediate need to do anything in the next few hours, which is a good feeling!

And so I thought I´d make a post in my almost abandoned blog. Just to say that we are alive and well, both tired, but relieved after finishing this semester. And now I can focus all my energy on getting ready for dear old north carolina.

here are some of the things I am most excited about-

-spending time with the fam. I have missed them so extremely much.
-spending time with friends. They have also been missed a lot.
-the hot summer weather (yes I do miss the sun, the winters of Lima are very gray, and chilly!)
-family beach trip---which combines family, hot summer weather, and the ocean. all awesome.
-being in the country (Vale), breathing fresh air and not hearing cars 24-7 (our apartment is right beside a busy highway, and big city equals pollution)
-playing my guitar
-playing with my dogs, Molly and Lucy
-food. Here are just a few entries in the list of foods I hope to enjoy.

-sweet tea. My wonderful mother has mailed me sweet tea bags, but I just can´t make it as good as bojangles.
-(homegrown) tomato sandwich with duke´s mayo
-chilis-anyone ever tried their quesadilla explosion?
-sushi-Shiki sushi in Durham is great.
-sweets- brownies, chocolate chip cookies, dirt cake, you get the picture.
-cookout milkshake
-sonic cherry limeade slushie
etc etc etc


1 comment:

  1. Yeah! Congratulations with the semester done... and enjoy your time home. (Sounds like it's well deserved and will be fun!)

    ReplyDelete