I am happy to say, I have safely arrived to NC! Yesterday was an eventful one- in a 24 hour period, I traveled from Lima to Miami then DC then Raleigh, and then Chapel Hill, and then Vale. My Dad and I worked out a "birthday surprise" for my mom since her birthday was yesterday. She and my bro thought I was going to arrive at 5:30 to the Raleigh airport, but my oh-so-sneaky Dad left them at Southpoint Mall while he picked me up at the airport at 2:30. So then we went to the mall and I snuck up Mom at the mall, which was fun. Needless to say, I did surprise her!
Although I miss David (He is well, they made it their first stop after a 18 hour bus ride, and tomorrow they'll cross over to Bolivia), I am enjoying my time home. It has been so good to see family. And smelling the smell of summer. A mix of humidity, sunscreen, grass, and more. I still kind of feel like I'm in a dream...I'm not sure if it has hit me yet that I'm here.
No comments:
Post a Comment