A Blank Canvas

Saturday, July 31, 2010

Summer Vaca part 2- to the beach!

My first week back home has been really great, lots of hanging out with family and friends, which has been a HUGE blessing. Catching up with friends (in person and not just skype) is always so awesome. This has been a really good break for me to see loved ones and hear lots of English. Although, several times, Spanish phrases have slipped out. Once again, I am reminded how precious one's native language really is.

Today we are setting off for our family beach trip, which I am really excited about :) I am hoping to get at least a little tan to prove to all of the students I study with at CILTA that I'm really not always so white. Because they didn't believe me. hahaha

David is doing well...trying to stay warm in the below-freezing weather of Bolivia. He has never experienced such cold his whole life! They seem to be really enjoying the beautiful views of the mountains in Bolivia and other touristy stuff. In one of the places he visited, he was wearing a Carolina hat, and tourist from the US came to talk to him and said she studied at UNC! small world! This weekend they will be sharing with several churches about Bible translation and they have received invitations to speak in other churches in different cities of Bolivia, so please pray for their time sharing with churches and safe travel. They will be back in Lima on August 14th.

I will also be speaking at Corinth Baptist in Vale, NC next Sunday night, the 8th, at 6:00 if anyone wants to come! I will be sharing about what we are studying, like Bible translation and more. Please pray for this as well.

Hope you are enjoying the summer, and enjoy this last day of July!

No comments:

Post a Comment