I have been accepted to CILTA (the Wycliffe school in Lima, Peru), where I will study linguistics and Bible translation! I´m so thankful and excited...this is like a dream for me!! Classes start in March so we will probably leave to go in February!
David nor the other missionaries (Braulio, Jacqueline, and Beatriz) have heard yet, but we are hoping and praying that we will all be able to go together as a team!!
Also, David and I will be going to a city 6 hours away from Maracaibo tomorrow to take a 2 week long linguistic course that is a prerequesite to entering CILTA. It will be pretty intense, with 40 hours of class, so it will be a challenge for me, but thankfully most of it I have already studied. So it will be a really good review before Peru and it will be very helpful to review all the linguistic vocab in Spanish! It is crazy that we have to do this course now, since we are getting married in a month, but this is the only time it´s offered! So we´ll get back and have a little over a week before the wedding...that should make for a very interesting week! :)
Good luck with everything Sarah. I'll keep you two in my prayers!
ReplyDelete