
For those of you overseas, this is a great recipe to make when you are craving Chinese/Japanese food, and the ingredients can be found pretty easily, at least in Latin America.
Ingredients:
1 or 2 chicken breasts
1 onion, chopped
a few cloves of garlic (I usually use 4 or 5...I like garlic)
cloves (optional)
1 head of steamed broccoli
2 Tbsps or more of store-bought terriyaki sauce
1-2 Tbsps sugar
1-2 Tbsps soy sauce
3-4 Tbsps fruit juice (orange or pineapple)
salt, pepper, garlic to taste
Chop up onion and cloves (optional) and mince garlic. Cook for a few minutes in oil (olive, soy, vegetable, whatever). Chop up chicken and add to the onions and garlic. Brown on high. Add terriyaki sauce, soy sauce, juice, sugar, and spices. Taste as you go and add more spices if you'd like. Let simmer until sauce thickens. Add broccoli and cook another 10 or 15 minutes. Serve over hot rice!!
Now, the only thing I'm missing is a really good shrimp sauce recipe....if you have one, please share!
(Recipe courtesy of Kathleen Bolick Rincon!)
No comments:
Post a Comment