As promised- here are some pictures from my time in the US this summer. When I was younger, I remember my Mom always telling me on really pretty summer days, "We need to save up these sunny days in our minds so that on the cold, rainy days this winter, we can remember the sunny memories." (Her wording was more eloquent than mine, but hopefully you get the message.) That is something that I've always remembered. So here are some of my "sunny days" from this summer.
With Mom at the Farmer's Market- love the fresh produce and flowers!
With my brother where he worked this summer-check out that huge field of sunflowers behind us!
I am thankful that my brother was home from college for most of my visit. Here, underwater at our aunt's pool, courtesy of Becky's new underwater camera :) And, I caught a fish! After getting the bait stuck up in the trees about 40 times, I finally figured out to get the bait IN the water, and by some miracle I caught a fish. (Courtesy of Becky and Michael who had to show me the right way to cast... it has been awhile since I've "gone fishin")
While I was able to see almost all of my NC family, I was also able to spend time with some out-of-state family!
And, I was able to catch up with lots of friends. This couple came to visit me from Tenn and I got to meet their new baby. Aren't they a cute family?
What "sunny day memories" do you have saved up?


No comments:
Post a Comment