A Blank Canvas

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Summer Catchup!

Dear blog friends, it has been a while! A lot has happened over the past few months. For most of June- July I was able to go home and visit my family and friends in NC! (In fact, the reason that prompted my last blog post about "cravings" was that I knew I would be going home soon to enjoy those favorite foods, and I SO wanted to share that I would soon be in the US- but not all of my family knew I would be home, so I couldn’t share it on the blog and risk spoiling the surprise!) It was a really great summer for me and such a blessing to spend time with family and friends.  I was able to do a lot of typical summery things- going to farmer’s market, fishing with my brother, 2 friends’ weddings, cookouts, swimming, etc. I was also able to be with my family on both of my parents’ birthdays and the 4th of July, which made it extra special! Pictures coming soon!


Now I am back in South America. My husband and I hope to be making another international move within a few months, but this time to the US! We are just waiting for the final steps of his visa to go through- which has been a long and frustrating process, but we know that God is in control and His timing is perfect. David has never been to the US, and we have been waiting and praying for this for years. (We would appreciate your prayers as well for the remainder of the process!) So right now we are in a “holding pattern”, waiting for the visa to go through so that we can travel. But we are thankful to finally see the light at the end of the tunnel, and to know that we are almost there! I am going to update my blog more frequently, so stay tuned as we begin this new chapter of preparing for, and making the move to the US!

4 comments:

  1. So glad you're back to blogging! I'll be praying for visas-- I know that's a difficult and extremely time consuming thing. Do you have a lawyer helping you? I've heard from my friends that it's best to go that route so you know you have your ducks in a row and don't get turned down. Either way, if God is for you, who can be against you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bethany- No, we aren't using a lawyer. If we would have known how difficult it was going to be, we might have, but it's too late to change that now! Thanks for your comment and encouragement :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sarah I'm so excited that you two will be in the states! You think you'll be staying in NC?

    -Dani

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dani- Yes, we are planning to be in NC! Depending on where we find jobs!

    ReplyDelete